Here is what I would like to accomplish in 2015. Because I usually forget my resolutions by February 1st, I resolve to give monthly updates on my progress.
1. Discover new music. My musical tastes are stuck in 2008, high school melancholy included, and I would like to learn about and possibly see some new artists live. I will ask my friends/Facebook for recommendations and listen to radio stations for my favorite genres. Anyone want to exchange Spotify playlists?
2. Run a half marathon. In 2014, I signed up for a half marathon but gave up when my training fell off track. This year I am taking it slowly with this program and not committing to an event until I am 1/2 or 3/4 of the way through training.
3. Eat healthier and spend less money on takeout. I will learn to make a few basic dishes. I also know that decisions are a weak point of mine, so I won’t be hard on myself if, in the beginning, I have to pack the same thing for lunch every day.
4. Volunteer. I want to consistently volunteer somewhere because, after sitting in front of a computer 40 hours a week, I want to do something hands-on that feeds my soul. This month, I will check VolunteerMatch for places in my area that need help and reach out if one piques my interest.
5. Make a presentation. I work for a company that teaches public speaking. This year, I would like to use the skills we teach to make a presentation to a group. By the end of February, I will work out at least the “who” and the “what”: to whom I will be presenting and the presentation topic.
See you on February 4th!