My “configure NPSP every day without having ever used the product” project is going pretty medicore/okay!
(January 10-17, 2021)
Logistics Moves and Observations
- Made Firefox my dedicated browser for dev org configuration to avoid issues with installing managed packages, logins, etc. The last thing I need is to inadvertently install household accounts into my company’s production org :~)
- Purchased a second monitor. Have had success with writing and reading documentation on one and configuring on another.
- In retrospect, I would have started here instead of going right in and configuring. The slide deck on that site gives a great overview of features.
- I’ve been keeping a Google document of my progress each day, benefits of NPSP, and documentation issues I’ve found.
- It’s important to keep it simple by understanding what the feature does before diving in.
- I decided that the easiest way to do this is to to act as if I am studying for the Nonprofit Cloud certification exam. In fact, I may or may not have signed up for the exam…
Configurations Made and Skills Learned
- Set Up Batch Gift Entry (which I think is still relevant??? But can’t tell because Salesforce deprecates products pretty quickly)
- Set Up Customizable Rollups
- Hard Credit and Soft Credit Automation
- Address Management
- Installed and Configured Program Management Module (holy custom objects :x)
- Accounting Subledger – What is it?! Why should I care?!
This Week’s Focuses
- Engagement plans
- Gift Entry
- Recurring Donations
- Getting through 8 hours of vids for real life consultants
- Campaigns and mailing lists
- Case management
- Reports workbook and common reports